WLSinfo is a registered charity (no 1103151) set up and run entirely by volunteers and maintained by donations from members.
Aims and Objectives of the Charity.
- To become the premier UK source for information on Weight Loss Surgery.
- To provide an unbiased, clear presentation of facts on treatment choices.
- To inform the community of obesity and WLS related items in the popular media and professional publications
- To facilitate a user led support network, where users can provide mutual support and share information
- To empower people and allow them to become informed consumers of health care.
- To enable users to track other users' progress, through the use of journals, forums and chat.
- To make some of the web content available in other accessible formats
- Achieve high presence in search engine results.
Charitable Objects of WLSinfo
To advance the education of the public in obesity by the provision of information and advice on the various treatment methods available, including but not limited to the use of surgery for weight loss, the publication and maintenance of a website, meetings and conferences.
The Charity Commission Website Look up our returns and other official information on here.
The History of the Charity. How we got where we are today.
The Elected Members of the Committee
and their roles. The Members of the Team
and their roles.